Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Damn Computer

I should have seen it coming. My computer after 5+ years of faithful service finally kicked it. I am formatting my hard drive right now to reinstall windows. As the bar keeps moving from 0% to 100% I think back to all the things the papers I wrote when I was an undergrade, stupid things like my resume, and things of paramount imporatnce that have ignored that I now wish I had spent more time going through. Among these things I will miss are pictures. Libby and I love the Smith Tower. When in Seattle it has always been something that we have looked at. The radiant blue light at the top is briliant and very pretty when we see it from gas works or whatever park we would go to look at it from. Anyway, I found two good picture of it; one in black and white and the other in color. I liked the black and white because it made the building look cool contrasted with the rest of downtown Seattle at night, but I wanted the brillant blue light to be as it is. So I had a friend (who know something about this kind of thing) take the blue light and paste it on to the b&w photo. I printed it off, framed it and gave it to Libby.

Back when Libby and I were first dating, Libby and I went to different schools. She went to SPU and I when to CWU. These two schools aren't too distant that we couldn't see eachother on the weekends but they were far enough away that AIM was our primary form of communication. I had saved all the converstation that we had, with the intention of going back through them. Now thay are being eaten away one byte at a time.

I wish I had had the forsight. And while this may sound stupid I hope that this is an oppurtunity to mourn the loss of something meaningful to me and not just something I can hold at a distance.

I hope I do it well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home